Ingredients - Makes enough for two
2 good sized skinless chicken breasts
1 & 1/2 teaspoons of 5 spice powder
1 tbsp sesame oil, split in half
100g white basmati rice (brown if you're being super healthy!)
200g mange tout or sugar snap peas
4 Spring onions
2 tsps sesame seeds
2 tsps Light soy sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees. Marinade your chicken breast in the five spice powder, half the sesame oil and season with few chilli flakes and a little salt, if you have the time you could leave this to marinade for a couple of hours. Once the oven is heated pop the chicken in on the top shelf and it should take about 30 minutes. I didn't take a photo of the chicken because it wasn't very pretty!
2. Whilst the chicken is cooking prepare your rice and veg, I always rinse my rice in cold water a couple of time to get rid of any starch. Thinly slice your spring onions, cut the mange tout/sugar snap peas in half diagonally, and slice your mushrooms. Next you need to toast your sesame seeds, you can do this in the wok or pan you are going to use, just heat the pan on a medium high heat and add the seeds and toast till they have a little colour, you don't need to add any oil for this.
3. Once everything is prepared and you have around 15 minutes until your chicken is going to be done, get the rice on, we all have our special way of cooking rice, I just rinse, add boiling water and let it bubble away for around 12 minutes checking occasionally.
4. Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok or pan and add the veggies when the pan is smoking hot, stir fry them for a good 8 minutes, then add the soy sauce, some chilli flakes and the sesame seeds and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
5. Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from the oven, and slice horizontally. Dish up the rice and stir fried veggies so they take up half of the bowl each and place the sliced chicken on top.
Let me know if you make this dish!